Friday, May 14, 2010

Maisy's Headboard

My most favorite place to shop for my projects is called Last Chance Mercantile in Marina, CA. I am not going to sugar coat it...the store is right next to the dump! But that is great because it keeps alot of people away from the good finds! I love it there, they are really into reusing and recycling, they go into the schools and help educate kids on how important it is to their future. I get so inspired by just being there.


You definately have to be a visionary, someone who can look beyond the dirt and smells, and realize how fabulous a piece can be with a little TLC. I picked up this twin headboard and thought it would be perfect for my little girl's room. It was in pretty good condition, just needed a little wood filler and glue, and a good sanding and paint job. I paid $3 for the headboard, and $15 for the paint (Behr "Moss Print" in Satin).

No comments:

Post a Comment