Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cookbook Shelf

I forgot to take a picture of this bookcase before I sanded. It looked so much worse than the picture, lots of cobwebs, and discoloration from being outside for a long period of time. I gave it a good sanding, filled some cracks with wood filler, and gave it 3 coats of white paint. I have painted a bookself before and put books on it, but noticed after time, the books end up sticking to the paint and the paint comes off when you would pull a book out. That's why I opted to cover the shelves with fabric. Just applied white glue with a paintbrush to the surface and slightly underneath (so I could wrap the fabric under the shelf). Beverly's fabric has a couple rolls of vintage looking fabrics that I could not resist. My books don't exactly fit the conventional way on it, but I made it work!
I am still probably going to add a cute quote from Julia Child to the front lip to make it more fun.





1 comment:

  1. Great project! Glad you were able to find your fabrics here at Beverly's!

    Our list of store locations is located at http://stores.beverlys.com/

    ReplyDelete