Friday, June 18, 2010

Last Weekend, LCM (Last Chance Mercantile) had an Open House, where we got a bus tour of the facilities at the Monterey County Waste Facility. People would question me: "you took a tour of the dump?" Sounds a little crazy, but I thought it was a very beneficial lesson for our kids. They may not have understood it like we do, but I think we are getting through a little because the other day, my son went to go play on a playground, and spent the first 5 minutes just cleaning up trash. He yelled out "I'm saving the earth!"

After the tour we went over to LCM and had a free lunch, and I found this treasure. Can you believe someone threw out this beautiful vintage green milk glass lamp in perfect condition! I paid $3 for it, added a lampshade from Walmart for $9.95, and voila! I collect milk glass (especially this hobnail pattern), it was so meant to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment