Sunday, June 20, 2010

Toy Kitchen



What a score this was! I have had this piece for about a month now...found it at LCM. It was way out in the back lot, I saw it, about ran over to it, and just grabbed it and starting walking towards the register. It is solid wood, and quite heavy for a long walk. But I was NOT going to put it down and risk loosing it. This lady took pity on me, she had an empty cart, and offered it to me, thankfully I accepted. Brought it to the register, they quoted it at $6, and I gladly paid that. Once I got it home, I realized that it was definitely hand made, there was a man signature on the bottom. After looking on line, I am pretty certain that it is made from the Amish, and I have found similar ones on the Internet for at least $150 - $199. With $14 in paint, and some scrap fabric I had, and a $1.29 for the rod to hold the fabric..Maisy has a new kitchen. I put it right in my kitchen so she feels like she's part of the action.

2 comments:

  1. Let's go to LCM together! This is amazing and beautiful Alena!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am SOOO jealous! I have been wanting a nice sturdy hand-made wooden kitchen for my kids for AGES :-o I might have fought you for it if I had been at LCM that day. I LOOOVE LCM - I think it is the thing I miss the most about Monterey :(

    Great job refinishing it, by the way!! Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete