Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grab it while you can!


Whenever I get a hunch, or I feel like Last Chance Mercantile is calling my name, I jump in the car, and usually I am right! Last week I picked up this great heavy, clean dresser. It had just come in and was sitting in the main doorway. It was being admired by my fellow scavengers, so without hesitation, I dragged it over to the register. I paid the most I have ever paid for an item at L.C.M....$15!!! I know, I know, that's really good, but compared to the numerous items I get for under $5, it was a stretch for me. I decided it was going in our master bedroom, because up till now, I had all my undergarments and pajamas in a plastic drawer container in the closet. I painted it the same color as the queen headboard (so paint was free), bought some glass knobs and silver handles from Home Depot for $26. All in all, I love it and think it was a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment