Friday, March 4, 2011

Pastry Stands from Candle Stands

Had a little spur of the moment trip to LCM. Boy is that place crowded with people doing the same thing I am. I get a little nervous when I see the parking lot full, but it's all for a good cause, I can't be so selfish!

I have been seeing on people's blogs, making cake stands out of candleholders and plates, so that was my mission. In true LCM fashion, there it was. I found these two metal/glass candle holders that I paid $3 for the pair (that is kind of high prices for me!) They had the original price tag from Kohls of $19.99 each. I rounded the corner in the kitchenwares, and found these two pans? I have no idea what they would have been used for...flan maybe? They are so shallow. I held one up to the candlestick, and boom..perfect fit! 50 cents each.



I ran into a problem when I started spraying the candleholders. The red kept coming through the blue paint, making this purple hue. Even with 3 coats, the purple still came through, but you know what, I love the look now.

The stands can be stacked well and securely, I dont think they would be good for cakes, but I think mini tarts would be adorable on these! Also, a ramekin fits perfectly in the top opening. Picture strawberries and a chocolate dip...beautiful!











No comments:

Post a Comment