Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Works of Art

These Posters I found at LCM, there was a enormous stack of them, .50 cents each! I grabbed a few and have had them hanging around for months. One is of the Golden Gate, and one of the Bixby Bridge in Big Sur. Two places I adore!


I came across these artist's frames (original price on the backs were $24.99) I paid $2 each. I didn't have anything in mind yet for them, was just thinking to spray them a fun color, and hang them empty. After I painted them green (with left over paint from the jewelry box), I noticed the color went so well with the posters I had.





I wanted to do a technique I learned from my guru Martha Stewart called glitter painting. It's so easy to do, and when you use the Martha Stewart Glitter from Michaels, it looks so beautiful. I didn't want to glitter the whole thing, just add accents to make the picture pop. Here is a close up of the glitter, I just added it to the golden gate in this picture.





In the other picture, I just accented the Big Sur Bixby Bridge and some of the crashing waves.


And the final product!













No comments:

Post a Comment